Fluor's mining process expertise encompasses all aspects of minerals and metals recovery from studies through to process design, engineering, procurement, preassembly, construction, start-up and commissioning of any size of processing facilities and related infrastructure. Our services range from retrofits and expansions of existing facilities, to the design and construction of major grassroots developments requiring extensive infrastructure facilities.
Fluor has the ability to build and maintain large- and small-scale mining projects in remote areas of the world.
Fluor implements proven mining solutions to unique, project-specific challenges, such as:
- Assessing modularization options to improve schedule, quality, productivity and safety on projects
- Building and maintaining projects in remote and harsh climatic regions around the world
- Defining the feasibility of project development to assist in securing project financing
- Developing complex bulk material handling and ore transportation systems
- Meeting budget and schedule requirements, performance requirements and stringent environmental and safety constraints
- Providing innovative and proven process solutions to maximize minerals and metals recovery
- Providing program management to assist clients in understanding all aspects of project development, from inception through construction and production
- Sourcing material globally to procure volumes of equipment and materials effectively and economically
Fluor provides critical and comprehensive infrastructure including railways, power, water / desalination, work accommodations / man camps and community facilities.
Fluor has the proven capabilities and experience to successfully deliver our clients' projects from our dedicated mining and metals office locations around the globe.